[slurm-users] Issue with x11

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:31:07 UTC 2019

>please open a console in the VNC session, do a ssh -Y rocks7 in the
console (yes, relogin to the console) and try it again.
>SLURM does not want to use local displays, and a VNC session is a "local"
display, as far as it concerns linux and the X11 >subsystem.
>So, you need to relogin or login to another frontend node by ssh to get a
remote display.

I tried that. Although the display number is not local, I am still unable
to see xclock. Please see the picture at https://pasteboard.co/IeQFUre.png

As you can see, the error message is something new.
srun: error: Unable to allocate resources: X11 forwarding not available

But I guess I am making some progress...

Regards,
Mahmood