[slurm-users] How should I do so that jobs are allocated to the thread and not to the core ?

Doug Meyer dameyer at raytheon.com
Thu May 2 14:15:30 UTC 2019

Had same problem in slurm 15, not sure if it affects newer versions.  Don’t use the expanded node definition

NodeName = DEFAULT Boards = 1 SocketsPerBoard = 2 CoresPerSocket = 18 ThreadsPerCore = 2 RealMemory = 128000

Use the simpler

NodeName=DEFAULT Cores=36 RealMemory = 128000

Slurm will use both logical threads and not just the physical.

Doug

“To err is human – and to blame it on a computer is even more so.”  Robert Orben