[slurm-users] Not able to allocate all 24 ntasks-per-node; slurm.conf appears correct

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:45:47 UTC 2019

You probably shouldn't use "CPUs=24" and "Sockets=2 CoresPerSocket=6 ThreadsPerCore=2" at the same time.
CPUs=24 (or more exactly Tasks=24, though this setting does not exist) follows directly from the other settings.

 From slurm.conf man page:

CPUs
     Number of logical processors on the node (e.g. "2"). CPUs and Boards are mutually exclusive. It can be set to the
total number of sockets, cores or threads. This can be useful when you want to schedule only the cores on a
hyper-threaded node. If CPUs is omitted, it will be set equal to the product of Sockets, CoresPerSocket, and
ThreadsPerCore. The default value is 1.