[slurm-users] X11 forwarding and VNC?

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Fri Mar 22 19:00:35 UTC 2019

Loris,

Glad you've made some progress.

We finally got it working as well, and have two findings:

1. the login node fqdn must be the same as the compute nodes

2. --x11 is not required to be added to srun and actually causes it to fail for some reason for us. Very odd, anyone have thoughts?
- Note without --x11, x11 apps fire up perfectly with srun assuming client is forwarding X11 packets

3. salloc works fine too without --x11, subsequent srun with a x11 app works great

Best,
Chris

—
Christopher Coffey