[slurm-users] Slurm doesn't call mpiexec or mpirun when run through a GUI app

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Mar 22 17:14:04 UTC 2019

On 3/22/19 12:40 PM, Reuti wrote:
>> Am 22.03.2019 um 16:20 schrieb Prentice Bisbal <pbisbal at pppl.gov>:

>>> Was an alias to `mpirun` introduced? It may cover the real application and even the `which mpirun` will return the correct value, but never be executed.
>>>
>>> $ type mpirun
>>> $ alias mpirun
>>>
>>> may tell in the jobscript.
>>>
>> Unfortunately, the script is in tcsh,
> Oh, I didn't notice this – correct.
>

>> so the 'type' command doesn't work since,
> Is it really running in `tcsh`? The commands look like being generic and available in various shells. Does SLURM honor the the first line of a script and/or use a default? In Bash a function would cover the `mpirun` too.
> (I'm more used to GridEngine, where this can be configured in both ways how to start the scripts.)

Yes, it's running /bin/tcsh as the interpreter. When I used 'type' as
you instructed, I got an error from tcsh, which I wouldn't have gotten
in bash. Slurm respects the interpreter line at the start of the script.

( I know your more of a GridEngine guy. you helped me a lot through the
GridEngine mailing list when I used SGE. I was actually surprised to see
you here. Welcome to Slurm!)