[slurm-users] practical tips to budget cluster expansion for a research center with heterogeneous workloads?

Alex Chekholko alex at calicolabs.com
Thu Mar 21 16:38:28 UTC 2019

Hey Graziano,

To make your decision more "data-driven", you can pipe your SLURM
accounting logs into a tool like XDMOD which will make you pie charts of
usage by  user, group, job, gres, etc.

https://open.xdmod.org/8.0/index.html

You may also consider assigning this task to one of your "machine learning"
researchers and ask them to "predict" the resources needed. :)

Regards,
Alex