[slurm-users] SLURM heterogeneous jobs, a little help needed plz

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Mar 20 17:58:49 UTC 2019

On 3/20/19 4:20 AM, Frava wrote:

> Hi Chris, thank you for the reply.
> The team that manages that cluster is not very fond of upgrading SLURM,
> which I understand.

Do be aware that Slurm 17.11 will stop being maintained once 19.05 is
released in May.

> So basically my heterogeneous job that only have one step is considered
> to have multiple steps and that's a bug in SLURM 17.11.12 ?

I think more that it was a new experimental feature that isn't worth
trying until 18.08 (if I'm remembering correctly) - and even then there
are caveats. Also keep in mind the docs you see on the SchedMD website
will be for for 18.08.

All the best,
Chris
--