[slurm-users] Sharing a node with non-gres and gres jobs

Peter Steinbach steinbac at mpi-cbg.de
Tue Mar 19 21:45:05 UTC 2019

Hi Benson,

As you can perhaps see from our slurm.conf, we have task affinity or similar switches off. Along the same route, i also removed the core binding of the GPUs. That is why, I am quite surprised, that slurm doesn’t allow new jobs in. I am aware of the PCIe bandwidth implications of a GPU running on the wrong socket or of the interfere des of pinned jobs versus unpinned ones. But at this point, these appear to be higher order optimizations.

Best,
Peter