[slurm-users] Sharing a node with non-gres and gres jobs

Peter Steinbach steinbac at mpi-cbg.de
Tue Mar 19 16:26:47 UTC 2019

I've read through the parameters. I am not sure if any of those would
help in our situation. What suggestions would you make? Note, it's not
the scheduler policy that appears to hinder us. It's about how slurm
keeps track of the generic resource and (potentially) binds it to
available cores. The situation described above is that a non-GPU or
non-GRES job enters a node, runs but doesn't fill the node. Then all of
a sudden SLURM doesn't allow a GPU/GRES job to come it for some reason.

Best,
Peter