[slurm-users] Can one specify attributes on a GRES resource?

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Fri Mar 15 16:04:13 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I currently have features specified on my GPU-equipped nodes as follows:
GPUMODEL_1050TI,GPUCHIP_GP107,GPUARCH_PASCAL,GPUMEM_4GB,GPUCUDACORES_768
or
GPUMODEL_TITANV,GPUCHIP_GV100,GPUARCH_VOLTA,GPUMEM_12GB,GPUCUDACORES_5120,GPUTENSORCORES_640

The "GPUMEM" and "GPU[CUDA|TENSOR]CORES" tags are informative, but not useful if one wants to specify GPUs with "more memory than 6GB" or "at least 1000 cores"... Is there a way to set attributes on the GRES resources so a user may do these sorts of constraints? (Can't find anything on Google)

I run Slurm clusters here using ver's 16.05.4 and 17.11.7.

Thanks,
Will