[slurm-users] problems with slurm and openmpi

Gilles Gouaillardet gilles at rist.or.jp
Fri Mar 15 04:32:11 UTC 2019

Riccardo,

I am a bit confused by your explanation.

Open MPI does embed PMIx, but only for itself.

An other way to put it is you have to install pmix first (package or
download from pmix.org)

and then build SLURM on top of it.

Then you can build Open MPI with the same (external) PMIx or the
embedded one

(since PMIx offers cross-version compatilibity support)

Cheers,

Gilles