[slurm-users] How to list available CPUs/GPUs for jobs

Frava fravadona at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 12:59:26 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm replying to the "[slurm-users] Available gpus ?" post. Some time ago I
did a BASHv4 script in for listing the available CPU/RAM/GPU on the nodes.
It parses the output of the "scontrol -o -d show node" command and displays
what I think is needed to launch GPU jobs.
For now the script doesn't accept any argument because I don't need it but
feel free to check the code and give it a try, or modify it to fit your
needs.

The output is in the form:
NodeName NodeState NodePartitions CPUs(Available/Total)
Memory(Available/Total) GPUs(Available/Total) GPUType

Cheers,
Rafael.