[slurm-users] Forward arrows to stdin through srun?

Micael Carvalho mcoaky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 21:11:43 UTC 2019

Hello there,

I am having trouble with arrow keys in srun.
Example of command:
$ srun -u bash

After running this command, I get an interactive session.
If I type anything there (like "test", "ls", or anything else), and then
press the left arrow (<-) to go back and edit something in the middle, it
just outputs the special characters.

Example:
$ trying to edit^[[D

Is this something fixable? I am debugging python code in a cluster, and the
arrows could be really useful here... But I'm sort of lost. Tried the
readline package, and many others, but ultimately discovered the problem is
coming from srun, and not python.

Thank you in advance !! :)

Best regards.