[slurm-users] slurm configuration for reprise license mangagement - cloud version

mercan ahmet.mercan at uhem.itu.edu.tr
Tue Jun 25 12:53:55 UTC 2019

Hi;

As far as I know, the slurm is not able to work (communicate) with
reprise license manager or any other license manager. Slurm just sums
the used licenses according to the -L parameter of the jobs, and
subtracts this sum from the total license count which given by using
"sacctmgr add/modify resource", and the result is used as free license
count. That's all. No more calculation, communication, testing,
monitoring etc. with both license managers and jobs.

If you want to share a license with non-cluster users, you should check
and update license using a script that detects global/free license count
changes.

Regards,

Ahmet M.