[slurm-users] ConstrainRAMSpace=yes and page cache?

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Fri Jun 21 21:59:01 UTC 2019

I’ve suspected for some time that this matters in our environment, though we /do/ use GPFS. Maybe any use of local scratch (XFS, local drive) could figure in here?

Are there any tips for how to determine easily where the extra money is coming from, for example when the user has specifically constrained application to a certain amount of memory with its own flags, or – to put another way – to prove that it’s not this sort of phenomenon happening?