[slurm-users] Random "sbatch" failure: "Socket timed out on send/recv operation"

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Wed Jun 12 14:36:49 UTC 2019

Hi, you may want to look into increasing the sssd cache length on the nodes, and improving the network connectivity to your ldap directory. I recall when playing with sssd in the past that it wasn't actually caching. Verify with tcpdump, and "ls -l" through a directory. Once the uid/gid is resolved, it shouldn't be hitting the directory anymore till the cache expires.

Do the nodes NAT through the head node?

Best,
Chris

—