[slurm-users] Slurm node weights

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 25 17:02:05 UTC 2019

My understanding is that the topology plug-in will overrule this, and that may or may not be a problem depending on your environment. I had a ticket in to SchedMD about this, because it looked like our nodes were getting allocated in the exact reverse order. I suspected this was because our higher weight equipment was on a switch with fewer nodes, and the scheduler was trying to keep workloads contiguous (opting to preserve larger blocks where possible). SchedMD was not able to duplicate this with my configuration, however, so it remains a suspicion of mine, and I’ve heard that there IS an interaction of some sort.

--
____
||_// the State     |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu<mailto:novosirj at rutgers.edu>
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ     | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
    `'