[slurm-users] Hide Filesystem From Slurm

Douglas Duckworth dod2014 at med.cornell.edu
Thu Jul 11 15:19:56 UTC 2019

Hello

I am wondering if it's possible to hide a file system, that's world writable on compute node, logically within Slurm.  That way any job a user runs cannot possible access this file system.

Essentially we define $TMPDIR as /scratch, which Slurm cleans up in epilogue scripts, but some users still keep writing to /tmp instead which we do not want.  We would use tmpwatch to clean up /tmp but I would rather just prevent people from writing to it within Slurm.

Thanks
Doug

Thanks,

Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS