[slurm-users] Slurm topology.conf file

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Jul 9 07:28:00 UTC 2019

On 7/9/19 9:04 AM, Priya Mishra wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using the slurmibtopology tool to generate the topology.conf file
> from the cluster at my institute which gives me a file with around 400
> nodes. I need a topology file with a larger no of nodes for further use.
> Is there anyway of generating a synthetic topology file , or any source
> where I could get a topology file with a larger no of nodes.

The Slurm topology.conf file *must* match exactly the actual set of
compute nodes.  You should not mess with topology.conf on any Slurm node
because you will confuse Slurm and potentially create errors.  The
topology.conf file must be identical on all Slurm nodes.

You can play with your own topology file, as long as you don't copy it
to any Slurm node.  See "man topology.conf" for the format.

/Ole