[slurm-users] dual slurmctld and slurmdbd

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:04:32 UTC 2019

Yes.

However there a couple caveats:

 1. You need to be running the same versions of slurm on each. Different
    kernel is ok, but same versions of slurm packages.
 2. Only one can be servicing requests (so active/passive failover
    configuration)

To do this, you will configure in your slurm.conf your BackupController
and your AccountingStorageBackupHost

slurmctld and slurmdbd will run on each of those respectively.

Brian Andrus