[slurm-users] Installation troubles

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 20:03:05 UTC 2019

If you have a choice, I highly recommend going to the latest version
(19.05).

18.08 had some issues with creating the systemd units file. I forget the
details, but it was remedied.

Also, I highly recommend you install munge and munge-devel from epel.
Tried and true there.

But, basically, you are trying to mix installation types. make != rpmbuild

rpmbuild is looking at the rpm environment (since it is rpm) but your
munge was not installed that way. While you could hack around it, you
should probably just do the configure+make+make install method for both,
or do the rpm method for both.

I tend to build the rpms in a very simple method:

1) yum install munge munge-devel
2) rpmbuild -ta <slurm_package.tgz>

If there are any special functions you need, ensure you have the -devel
packages for them (eg: openmpi-devel) and slurm will detect that and
include it in the build.

Brian Andrus