[slurm-users] Slurm 18.08.5 slurmctl error messages

Christopher Benjamin Coffey Chris.Coffey at nau.edu
Thu Jan 31 19:55:20 UTC 2019

To be more clear, the jobs aren't starting due to the group being at their limit, which is normal. But slurm is spamming that error to the log file for every job that is at a particular GrpTRESRunLimit which is not normal.

Other than the log being littered with incorrect error messages, things appear to work as normal.

Best,
Chris

—
Christopher Coffey
High-Performance Computing
Northern Arizona University
928-523-1167

On 1/31/19, 9:23 AM, "slurm-users on behalf of Christopher Samuel" <slurm-users-bounces at lists.schedmd.com on behalf of chris at csamuel.org> wrote:

    On 1/31/19 8:12 AM, Christopher Benjamin Coffey wrote:

    > This seems to be related to jobs that can't start due to in our case:
    >
    > AssocGrpMemRunMinutes, and AssocGrpCPURunMinutesLimit
    >
    > Must be a bug relating to GrpTRESRunLimit it seems.

    Do you mean can't start due to not enough time, or can't start due to a
    bug related to those limits?

    That doesn't sound good..

    cheers,
    Chris