[slurm-users] Timeouts on sreport

Lev Lafayette lev.lafayette at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 29 23:51:04 UTC 2019

Dear Slurmites,

Every so often our managers require a report on which groups have used
particular compute metrics over a timeout. However as our job count increases
these become increasingly difficult for sreport to generate. For example, the
following simple commands are having issues completing.

sreport -P cluster AccountUtilizationByUser start=2018-10-01 end=2018-11-01
format=Accounts,Login,Used -t Hours > sreport.out

sreport job SizesByAccount PrintJobCount grouping=1 cluster=spartan
start=2018-10-01 end=2018-11-01 > sreportcount.out

I am sure there is a trivial configuration hidden away that can manage this,
however my google-fu is failing me and, as a result, I have come to the expert
lists for assistance instead.

Thanks in advance!

--
Lev Lafayette, BA (Hons), GradCertTerAdEd (Murdoch), GradCertPM, MBA
(Tech Mngmnt) (Chifley)