[slurm-users] Question: How to see all srun/sbatch commands in one place?

AiO info.slurm at aio.nu
Thu Jan 24 08:52:37 UTC 2019

Hi guys!

Is there a way to 'tail -f' or equivalent some file (with some slurmctld
configuration) tå see what shell commands are deployed to all the slurm
hosts? I would like to centralize logging interleaved with other
security-related logging to get chronological chain of events perfromed.

I have played around with the LogLevels a bit but with no greater
understanding on the topic.

Scenario:

   host1: srun do_something_cool
   host2: srun be_a_bit_awesome

   slurm-controller: tail -f /var/some/file
   ...... host1 invoked 'do_something_cool' on computenodeX .....
   ...... host2 invoked 'be_a_bit_awesome' on computenodeY .....

Obviously the log-format is totally bogus :) but somethings similar would
be nice to have.

The ida is to let rsyslog poll such file for forwarding to a graylog or
something like that.

Kind regards,
AiO