[slurm-users] New checktopology tool: Check consistency of /etc/slurm/topology.conf with nodelist in /etc/slurm/slurm.conf

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Mon Jan 21 11:18:02 UTC 2019

Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk> writes:

> Comments and suggestions are most welcome!

Splendid tool!  I immediately found that I'd forgotten to take a few
nodes out of the topology definition. :)

One thing:  The script doesn't work if you have different NodeName and
NodeHostName on the nodes in slurm.conf, like

Nodename=c1-[1-36] NodeHostname=compute-1-[1-36] Weight=5818 Feature=rack1,intel,16cores,ib,grid,cvmfs,n

This is because sinfo -o %n will output the NodeHostname, not the
Nodename (which is the one you would usually use in topology.conf).  I
suggest using %N instead of %n in the sinfo line.

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,