[slurm-users] Visualisation -- Slurm and (Turbo)VNC

Baker D.J. D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 03:14:52 MST 2019

Hello,

We have set up our NICE/DCV cluster and that is proving to be very popular. There are, however, users who would benefit from using the resources offered by our nodes with multiple GPU cards. This potentially means setting up TurboVNC, for example. I would, if possible, like to be able to make the process of starting a VNC server as painless as possible. I wondered if anyone had written a slurm script that users could modify/submit to reserve resources and start the VNC server.

If you have such a template script and/or any advice in using VNC via slurm then I would be interested to hear from you please. Many of our visualization users are not "expert user" and so, as I note above, it would be useful to try to make the process as painless as possible, If you would be happy to share your script with us please then that would be appreciated.

Best regards,

David