[slurm-users] salloc with bash scripts problem

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:05:38 MST 2019

So, I get

[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ salloc --spankx11 srun ./run_qemu.sh
salloc: Granted job allocation 281
srun: error: Bad value for --x11: (null)
srun: error: Invalid argument ((null)) for environment variable:
SLURM_SPANK__SLURM_SPANK_OPTION_spankx11_spankx11
salloc: Relinquishing job allocation 281

It seems that there is problem with spankx11.
However, the "salloc srn hostname" is working as you said and it is fine.

[mahmood at rocks7 ~]$ salloc srun hostname
salloc: Granted job allocation 282
compute-0-2.local
salloc: Relinquishing job allocation 282

Regards,
Mahmood