[slurm-users] salloc with bash scripts problem

Henkel, Andreas henkel at uni-mainz.de
Wed Jan 2 07:22:33 MST 2019

Hi,
As far as I understand salloc is used to make allocations but  initiate a shell (whatever the sallocdefaultcommand specifies) on the node you called salloc. If you’re looking for an interactive session you‘ll probably have to use srun --pty xterm . This will allocate the resources AND initiate a shell on one of the allocated nodes.
Best
Andreas