[slurm-users] Kinda Off-Topic: data management for Slurm clusters

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 22 18:01:36 UTC 2019

At least in our case we use a Lustre filesystem for scratch access, we
have it mounted over IB though.  That said some of our nodes only access
it over the 1GbE and I have never heard any complaints about
performance.  In general for large scale production work Lustre tends to
be more resilient and performant than NFS.  You don't never need SSD's,
regular HDD's work fine.

-Paul Edmon-