[slurm-users] Priority access for a group of users

david baker djbaker12 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:56:07 UTC 2019

Hi Paul, Marcus,

Thank you for your replies. Using partition priority all makes sense. I was
thinking of doing something similar with a set of nodes purchased by
another group. That is, having a private high priority partition and a
lower priority "scavenger" partition for the public. In this case scavenger
jobs will get killed when preempted.

In the present case , I did wonder if it would be possible to do something
with just a single partition -- hence my question.Your replies have
convinced me that two partitions will work -- with preemption leading to
re-queued jobs.

Best regards,
David