[slurm-users] How to request ONLY one CPU instead of one socket or one node?

Wang, Liaoyuan wangly at alfred.edu
Wed Feb 13 04:19:16 UTC 2019

Dear there,

I wrote an analytic program to analyze my data. The analysis costs around twenty days to analyze all data for one species. When I submit my job to the cluster, it always request one node instead of one CPU. I am wondering how I can ONLY request one CPU using "sbatch" command? Below is my batch file. Any comments and help would be highly appreciated.

Appreciatively,
Leon
#!/bin/sh

#SBATCH --ntasks=1
#SBATCH --cpus-per-task=1
#SBATCH -t 45-00:00:00
#SBATCH -J 9625%j
#SBATCH -o 9625.out
#SBATCH -e 9625.err

/home/scripts/wcnqn.auto.pl
Where wcnqn.auto.pl is my program. 9625 denotes the species number.