[slurm-users] multiple partitions with the sbatch command

Hossein Pourreza hpourreza at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 12 03:00:11 UTC 2019

Greetings,

The sbatch documentation under the --partition option says: "If the job can use more than one partition, specify their names in a comma separate list" . When I use two partition names separated by comma I get "sbatch: error: Batch job submission failed: Invalid qos specification". I can submit to either of those two partitions separately with no issue.

Does the SLURM admin need to do something to enable this feature?

Thanks

Hossein