[slurm-users] Slurm configuration on multi computers with ldap and dedicated resources

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:41:21 UTC 2019

I’m assuming you have LDAP and Slurm already working on all your nodes, and want to restrict access to two of the nodes based off of Unix group membership, while letting all users access the rest of the nodes.

If that’s the case, you should be able to put the two towers into a separate partition, and use the AllowGroups setting in the partition definition to restrict access to that partition.

From https://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html:

=====

AllowGroups

Comma separated list of group names which may execute jobs in the partition. If at least one group associated with the user attempting to execute the job is in AllowGroups, he will be permitted to use this partition...

=====