[slurm-users] slurmdbd.service gives: Unable to initialize auth/munge authentication plugin

William Brown william at signalbox.org.uk
Mon Dec 16 07:13:48 UTC 2019

That will depend where the rest of the cluster is. If they were in the VPN
such as inside a corporate network that you used the VPN to connect to,
they might. But if they are elsewhere in your home network, they will not.

I think some VPN clients can be configured to be quite open but usually
they effectively take you off the local network and attach you to the VPN
network.   They are after all for security, and would not be designed to
allow you to bridge home and work networks.

William