[slurm-users] Need help with controller issues

Dean Schulze dean.w.schulze at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 20:37:03 UTC 2019

Thanks for mentioning the config.log file.  It has dozens of errors in it,
yet ./configure completes and doesn't report any errors.

Here's what got me past the problem with the mysql plugin.  A test program
that needed -lssl and -lcrypto on the make command line was failing.  The
solution was

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

I also added

sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt install build-essential

to eliminate some other failures.  Thanks to all who responded here, I now
have slurmctld and slurmdbd running.

The config.log still has dozens of errors in it, almost all due to failed
include statements.  I'll open another thread about those.