[slurm-users] Need help with controller issues

Dean Schulze dean.w.schulze at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 23:04:44 UTC 2019

I tried again with a completely new system (virtual machine).  I used the
latest source, I used mysql instead of mariadb, and I installed all the
client and dev libs (below).  I still get the same error.  It doesn't
build the /usr/lib/slurm/accounting_storage_mysql.so file.

Could the ./configure command be the problem?  Here's how I run it:

./configure --prefix=/tmp/slurm-build --sysconfdir=/etc/slurm --enable-pam
--with-pam_dir=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/security/ --without-shared-libslurm

$ dpkg -l | grep mysql
ii  libmysqlclient-dev                         5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL database development files
ii  libmysqlclient20:amd64                     5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL database client library
ii  libmysqld-dev                              5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL embedded database development files
ii  mysql-client                               5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    all          MySQL database client (metapackage
depending on the latest version)
ii  mysql-client-5.7                           5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL database client binaries
ii  mysql-client-core-5.7                      5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL database core client binaries
ii  mysql-common                               5.8+1.0.4
                    all          MySQL database common files, e.g.
/etc/mysql/my.cnf
ii  mysql-server                               5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    all          MySQL database server (metapackage
depending on the latest version)
ii  mysql-server-5.7                           5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL database server binaries and system
database setup
ii  mysql-server-core-5.7                      5.7.28-0ubuntu0.18.04.4
                    amd64        MySQL database server binaries