[slurm-users] Slurm 19-05-4-1 and Centos8

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:34:40 UTC 2019

Tim claims it works...

I have compiled it, but when you try to run slurmd, it throws some
errors and will not start. From a previous thread:

     While I can successfully build/run slurmctld, slurmd is failing because ALL of the SelectType libraries are missing symbols.
     Example from select_cons_tres.so:
     # slurmd
     slurmd: error: plugin_load_from_file: dlopen(/usr/lib64/slurm/select_cons_tres.so): /usr/lib64/slurm/select_cons_tres.so:
     undefined symbol: powercap_get_cluster_current_cap
     slurmd: error: Couldn't load specified plugin name for select/cons_tres: Dlopen of plugin file failed
     slurmd: fatal: Can't find plugin for select/cons_tres

     # nm -D /usr/lib64/slurm/libslurmfull.so|grep powercap_
     000000000010f7b8 T slurm_free_powercap_info_msg
     0000000000060060 T slurm_print_powercap_info_msg

I am in the process of getting my client to purchase support so I can
have a ticket that gets attention :)

Brian