[slurm-users] Announcing availability of new plugin jobcomp/redis

Philip Kovacs pkdevel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 23:10:39 UTC 2019

I have some plans for additional plugins for slurm and I started my efforts with a new job completionplugin for --- redis!  Redis is a highly-optimized memory-based key/value store that also featurespersistence, so data is not lost.   Other nice features of redis include replication and sharding --it's a very versatile tool to have in your toolkit.
The jobcomp/redis plugin sends job completion data to redis, indexes it and allows clientssuch as sacct to retrieve data using job completion criteria.  This plugin supports more selection criteriathan some other plugins and can be a great complement to your accounting_storage setup.
You can use the jobcomp/redis as a permanent store of job completion data or set it up so that keys have a finite lifetime.  For example, you could set it up so that you have a rolling window ofa week's worth of job data.
The project is released fully open-sourced and with both a separate, native build system and alsoas a patch set for the slurm source tree, so you can patch over slurm, autoreconf, configure andbuild as you normally would.
GIve it a look!
https://github.com/pkovacs/slurm-redis