[slurm-users] Using the manager as compute Node

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:00:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

When using the slurm manager as a compute node, what is the best way to
define this node so that it's resources will not be exhausted.

Suppose I have a slurm manager with 20 CPUs and 64Gb of RAM and I want to
use it as a compute node without consuming all it's resources.

Do I have to declare it, for example with 10 CPUs and 32Gb of RAM to save
the rest for the management, or will slurmctld take that in hand?

Regards.