[slurm-users] Limit concurrent gpu resources

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Wed Apr 24 15:14:53 UTC 2019

We put a ‘gpu’ QOS on all our GPU partitions, and limit jobs per user to 8 (our GPU capacity) via MaxJobsPerUser. Extra jobs get blocked, allowing other users to queue jobs ahead of the extras.

# sacctmgr show qos gpu format=name,maxjobspu
      Name MaxJobsPU
       gpu         8

--
Mike Renfro, PhD / HPC Systems Administrator, Information Technology Services
931 372-3601     / Tennessee Tech University