[slurm-users] Job dispatching policy

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 06:14:54 UTC 2019

Thanks for the info.
Thing is that I don't want to totally set the node as unhealthy. Assume the
following scenarios:

compute-0-0 running slurm jobs and system load is 15 (32 cores)
compute-0-1 running non-slurm jobs and system load is 25 (32 cores)
Then a new slurm job should be dispatched to compute-0-0

compute-0-0 running slurm jobs and system load is 25 (32 cores)
compute-0-1 running non-slurm jobs and system load is 10 (32 cores)
Then a new slurm job should be run on compute-0-1 (assuming that it need
about 10 cores and not 30 cores).

I know that running non slurm jobs sounds ugly, but there are some X11
applications that are not slurm friendly.
Number of non slurm nodes though are small.