[slurm-users] scontrol update: invalid user id

Pi Cluster piclusterteam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 21:21:01 UTC 2019

Hi,
We are doing a senior project involving the creation of a Pi Cluster.  We
are using 7 Raspberry Pi B+'s in this cluster.

When we use sinfo to look at the status of the nodes, they appear as
drained.  We also encountered a problem while trying to update the state of
the nodes.  When trying to use scontrol to update the nodes, the get an
error message: scontrol update: invalid user id.  We think another reason
that the nodes are drained is because of low "resources".  This has to do
with the low socket*core*thread count, which is the number of CPUs.  We
have tried changing this number in the configuration file but this reason
still shows.

We are unsure what the problem is regarding this issue.  The authentication
method used is munge, and we think that slurm is indeed using munge as the
authentication type.

If more information is needed, please let us know and we will provide the
required information.

Thanks.