[slurm-users] Extreme long db upgrade 16.05.6 -> 17.11.3

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Apr 5 08:59:39 UTC 2019

Hi Lech,

Thanks!  I added the 18.08 Release Notes reference to
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#database-upgrade-from-slurm-17-02-and-older

I've already upgraded from 17.11 to 18.08 without your patch, and this
went smoothly as expected.  We upgraded from 17.02 to 17.11 last summer,
also without any problems.  Testing the database upgrade on a test
server is crucial as always, see suggestions in my Wiki page section
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_installation#make-a-dry-run-database-upgrade

Best regards,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
PhD, Senior HPC Officer
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Homepage: http://dcwww.fysik.dtu.dk/~ohnielse/
Tel: (+45) 4525 3187 / Mobile (+45) 5180 1620