[slurm-users] slurmdbd purge not working

Julien Rey julien.rey at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Apr 4 13:38:11 UTC 2019

Hello,

Our slurm accounting database is growing bigger and bigger (more than
100Gb) and is never being purged. We are running slurm 15.08.0-0pre1. I
would like to upgrade to a more recent version of the slurmdbd, but my
fear is that it may break everything during the update of the database.

Here is our slurmdbd.conf :

AuthType=auth/munge
AuthInfo=/var/run/munge/munge.socket.2
DbdHost=localhost
DebugLevel=6
StorageHost=localhost
StorageLoc=slurm_acct_db
StoragePass=shazaam
StorageType=accounting_storage/mysql
StorageUser=slurm
LogFile=/var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmdbd.log
PidFile=/var/run/slurm-llnl/slurmdbd.pid
SlurmUser=slurm
ArchiveDir=/home/joule/archives
PurgeEventAfter=18
PurgeJobAfter=18
PurgeResvAfter=1
PurgeStepAfter=1
PurgeSuspendAfter=1

I tried to purge it manually using this command but the slurmdbd daemon
ends up crashing and it doesn't remove anything:

sacctmgr archive dump Directory=/home/joule/archives/ PurgeJobAfter=365days

sacctmgr: error: slurmdbd: Getting response to message type 1459
sacctmgr: error: slurmdbd: DBD_ARCHIVE_DUMP failure: No error
  Problem dumping archive: Unspecified error

Sometimes I have to restart the mysql daemon (we are running mysql
5.5.39-1). The /var/log/slurm-llnl/slurmdbd.log shows nothings. The
mysql logs are empty.

I tried to increase these values in my.cnf but so far no success :

innodb_buffer_pool_size        = 32G
innodb_lock_wait_timeout    = 3600

Is there any way to solve this issue ? Otherwise, what would be the
procedure for deleting the database records altogether and starting on a
fresh new one ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Julien REY

Plate-forme RPBS
Modélisation Computationnelle des Interactions Protéines-Ligand (CMPLI)
Université Paris Diderot - Paris VII
tel : 01 57 27 83 95