[slurm-users] Job allocating more CPUs than requested

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Sat Sep 22 08:44:13 MDT 2018

Anecdotally, I’ve had a user cause load averages of 10x the node’s core count. The user caught it and cancelled the job before I noticed it myself. Where I’ve seen it happen live on less severe cases, I’ve never noticed anything other than the excessive load average. Viewed from ‘top’, the offending process was still confined to its 100% CPU or whatever it had reserved.

--
Mike Renfro  / HPC Systems Administrator, Information Technology Services
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Tech University