[slurm-users] scancel problem

Antonis Potirakis potant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 05:27:23 MDT 2018

Hello everybody,
i submit a job with sbatch command (sbatch myprog.sh).  My prog.sh is
#!/bin/bash
#SBATCH --partition=part2
#SBATCH --ntasks=20
#SBATCH --nodelist=
#SBATCH --cpus-per-task=1
#SBATCH --mem=
# Memory per node specification is in MB. It is optional.
# The default limit is 3000MB per core.
#SBATCH --job-name="test"
#SBATCH --output=test.output
#SBATCH --mail-user=test at out.gr
#SBATCH --mail-type=ALL

mpirun -c 20 /home/me/projects/EXP00/opa

The submmited id is 5402. When i  cancel the job by the command  "scancel
5402"  i notice that the job is deleted from the squeue ( the job is not
shown in squeue) but making an htop at the node where it was running i see
that it continues to be running....
Moreover, another user submiited his job, which was allocated at the same
node ....  The node has 20 cores...
What is happenning here?

Slurm Version slurm 16.05.9