[slurm-users] Setting up a separate timeout for interactive jobs

Yair Yarom irush at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu Sep 20 02:00:29 MDT 2018

Hi,

We also have multiple partitions, but in addition we use a job submit
plugin to distinguish between srun/salloc and sbatch submissions. This
plugin forces a specific partition for interactive jobs (and the timelimit
with it) and using the license system it limits the number of simultaneous
interactive jobs per user.

Originally I wrote it because users were running bash for the maximum
allowed time (for no good reason). However, nowadays users are running e.g.
jupyter in sbatch, and the plugin doesn't catches these.

If you want, the plugin's source is in:
https://github.com/irush-cs/slurm-plugins

    Yair.