[slurm-users] External provisioning for accounts and other things (?)

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Sep 19 05:53:48 MDT 2018

On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 5:00:58 AM AEST David Rhey wrote:

> First time caller, long-time listener. Does anyone use any sort of external
> tool (e.g. a form submission) that generates accounts for their Slurm
> environment (notably for new accounts/allocations)? An example of this
> would be: a group or user needs us to provision resources for them to run
> on and so they submit a form to us with information on their needs and we
> provision for them.

The Karaage cluster management software that was originally written by folks
at ${JOB-2} and which we used with Slurm at ${JOB-1} does all this.  I'm not
sure how actively maintained it is (as we have our own system at ${JOB}), but
it's on Github here:

https://github.com/Karaage-Cluster/karaage/

The Python code that handles the Slurm side of things is here:

https://github.com/Karaage-Cluster/karaage/blob/master/karaage/datastores/slurm.py

Hope that helps!

All the best,
Chris