[slurm-users] ubuntu 16.04 > 18.04

Raymond Wan rwan.work at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 01:10:29 MDT 2018

Hi Ashton,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 1:46 AM A <andrealphus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thinking about upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04 on my workstation, where I am running a single node slurm setup. Any issues any one has run across in the update?

I had no issues with SLURM per se...  But upgrading from Ubuntu 16.04
to 18.04 created a lot of problems (I've done it a few times with
multiple workstations) and most of the time, I gave up and did a fresh
install of 18.04.  None of the problems had anything to do with SLURM
but because of that, I had to install SLURM from scratch.  So,
technically, it wasn't an upgrade of SLURM...

Certainly backup your system before you try.  Don't assume it'll be a
simple "do-release-upgrade"...  (I did have that for one or two cases,
but that was the minority.)

Ray