[slurm-users] Create users

Andre Torres andre.torres at ibmc.up.pt
Wed Sep 12 10:21:35 MDT 2018

Hi all,

I’m new to slurm and I’m confused regarding user creation. I have an installation with 1 login node and 5 compute nodes. If I create a user across all the nodes with the same uid and gid I can execute jobs but I can’t understand the difference between user creation with “useradd” command and the “sacctmgr” command

sacctmgr create account name=test

sacctmgr create user jdoe account=test

Also, is there anyway of creating a user at login node and replicate to the compute nodes ? What is the best practice for user creation ?

Thanks in advance